Saturday 17 May 2014

Working mummy!

Right from the outset it was always my intention to return to work after the birth of my baby. I remember working out when my maternity leave and thinking how far away work seemed! After Mason was born I had a few blissful months where work didn't even register in my mind.

Then came arranging CHILDCARE. Me and my partner liked the idea of a nursery, interacting with other babies, reliable and we knew some in our area offered flexible days to fit in with my shifts. After looking around three we made are decision and forked out a small fortune (especially on mat pay) for Masons enrollement.
Masons trial days went like a dream. He ate, slept and played at nursery and had 0 meltdowns! One relieved mummy! I got to know the staff a bit and the whole thing really did make me feel much better about leaving him there. 

So the first day back. If I could sum it up, it was like any other day! With a little new background sensation that would rise to the surface in moments of quiet and bring feelings of missing my boy. I'll admit I had a few sneaky moments of gazing at pictures of him! And I had my phone glued to me 'just in case' nursery needed me! 
Me with my other 'hat' on! 

And it's been like that since. I don't appear to have forgotten everything as I somehow feared. In fact I've been quite surprised at the little things such as passcodes that have pinged back into my brain! And *gulp* I've quite enjoyed myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment